Heat Pump Installation In Kansas City
Would your home benefit from a new heat pump?
Professional Heat Pump Installations
Customers from the area call Santa Fe Air for their heat pump installation needs.
Everything you need to know about installing a new heat pump in your home.
What is a heat pump system?
A heat pump is a unit that looks very similar to a standard air conditioner; but it is so much more. The heat pump unit not only provides cooling for your home, but also heats your home as well. To help supplement your home’s heating needs on those super frigid Kansas/Missouri days, an electric air handler or a gas furnace will have to be installed with the heat pump.
Should a mechanical permit be pulled when you replace your HVAC system?
The simple answer is YES! Mechanical Permits exist for your safety. HVAC installations involve natural gas, high voltage electricity and venting. Insist that your contractor pull a permit and have the work inspected. All cities in the Greater Kansas Area require mechanical contractors to pull a permit to replace HVAC equipment.
So why do most companies skip this process entirely?
- They must have an Business License for each city they work in to be able to pull the permit. There are a lot of cities in the KC area and each one collects a fee!
- A license requires continuing education every year. This requires time and a dedication to the trade.
- The contractor must be licensed, insured, and know the national mechanical codes to pull a permit. Permits cost money.
- A third party will inspect the job to make sure the codes were met, so there can be no cutting corners when you pull a permit.
- If/when you sell the home down the road, the building inspector will find the code infractions and you will be liable for the corrections before the house can be sold.
- Your homeowner insurance policy could require proof of a permit, should you ever have a claim.
- An improperly vented gas furnace can kill you from carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Professional contractors not only welcome inspections, they use them as a benefit for clients choosing them over the competition.
Ask yourself: who would you rather have install an HVAC system for you; a company that is willing to endanger its customer’s lives with improper installations, or Santa Fe Air Conditioning, the people who take the time to do it right?
How Much Does a Heat Pump Cost?
To install a new heat pump may cost as low as $12,000. For a typical home, you may expect to pay approximately $14,000, while a larger home may find their costs to be as high as $20,000.
Schedule your FREE in-home estimate on a new heat pump installation today!
Providing professional heat pump installation across Kansas City & Johnson County.
Our Professional Heat Pump Technicians
Our technicians and staff have earned us excellent ratings on Google Reviews, Angie’s List, and other online platforms. Professionalism, hard work, a positive attitude, and responsiveness are what our techs are known for across hundreds of reviews. Our techs are nerds; they know and care about the details and processes to get things done right the first time.
We take the time to answer any customer questions and educate customers on their new heat pump systems and cost. We don’t want you to feel left in the dark at any point in the installation process of your new heat pump unit.
After your service, we don’t just say “Okay goodbye forever!” Instead, we make a list of your preferences for future service. This includes information such as wanting the same technician, pets to be aware of, and other details to customize your service for your needs.