We’re quickly approaching summer and now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance.
But we know what you’re probably thinking: Why so early in the season? Why not wait until the AC is actually being used consistently?
Well, there are 4 reasons you should schedule AC maintenance in the spring prior to the hot summer:
- You’ll save more money
- You’ll increase your indoor comfort
- You’ll extend the life of your unit
- You’ll beat the crowd (of procrastinating homeowners)
Let’s take a closer look at why you shouldn’t wait until summer to schedule your AC maintenance.
Reason #1: You’ll save more money
Regular AC maintenance can decrease your monthly energy bills by up to 15%. Which means, the earlier in the season you have your unit maintained, the more money you save accumulatively throughout the summer.
Here’s an example…
Let’s say your average monthly bill throughout the spring/summer is around $110. Once you have your unit maintained, you can expect your energy bill to drop to $93.50 (that’s a savings of $16.50 each month).
Now let’s look at how much more you can save overall when you schedule AC maintenance now vs at the end of the summer.
- Schedules maintenance in May
- Enjoys 5 months of savings
- Total summer savings: $82.50
- Schedules maintenance in July
- Enjoys only 3 months of savings
Total summer savings: $49.50
Reason #2: You’ll increase your indoor comfort
As your AC ages, it experiences wear and tear that can decreases its performance. But during a quality maintenance visit, your AC unit gets minor repairs and cleaning that improves its performance (and your comfort).
For example, after a maintenance visit, you can expect:
- More even cooling. During each maintenance visit, a tech will inspect and change clogged air filters, which ensures that all areas of the home gets the same amount of cooling.
- Cool, dry air. A tech will inspect and clean off dirt/dust on your evaporator coils (the part that cools your air), which helps the coils absorb both heat and moisture from the air in your home.
And these are just 2 of the many things our techs check during AC maintenance visits!
Reason #3: You’ll extend the life of your unit
According to Energy.gov, a properly maintained central air conditioner should last up to 15 to 20 years.
However, a poorly maintained unit may die after just 7 to 10 years.
Reason #4: You’ll beat the crowd
Because you’re scheduling now instead of waiting for summer, you’re more likely to get the exact day, time and even tech that you prefer.
You see, we always get a rush of calls come June or even July/August for homeowners who have been running their ACs to death and now want to schedule maintenance. And those homeowners quickly realize that they’ll have to fight other procrastinating homeowners for their preferred service time and day.
Ready to schedule your AC maintenance?
If you’re ready to join the ranks of smart homeowners in Kansas, schedule your AC maintenance with us now.