Furnace Repair in Kansas City
When your furnace breaks down,
don’t fear or fret.
We Strive To Be:
Our technicians are dispatched from their homes for furnace repair in Kansas City, which means we can get to you quicker in your time of need.
Our technicians are highly trained professionals. They know what to look for and how to fix it.
Furnace repair in Kansas City & surrounding areas is guaranteed for 365 days.
How it Works
Get an arrival call.
Your personal technician will call when they’re on the way. At this time, we will also confirm any of your preferences, such as where to park.
See prices upfront.
Your technician will diagnose the issue and give the upfront price to repair your furnace.
We repair. you relax.
Just sit back and relax while your technician uses a 48-point checklist to make sure your home is back to being warm and cozy before they leave.
Don’t Delay – Schedule Today!
Schedule a fast, focused, and faithful technician to fix your heating issues.
Don't get left out in the cold.
What makes us different
Mike was great! He was thorough and got us taken care of quickly. Very friendly! -Jennifer C. Gardner KS
Mike was excellent! he diagnosed the problem and explained everything. The Sunday receptionist was also very nice, recommended waiting instead of them not having the part and having to pay 2 trip fees. Would recommend! Tiffany B. Olathe KS
Your a lifesaver!
Josh was amazing!!! I had someone from a different company that left because they were so frustrated they couldn’t figure out my issue. Josh fixed us up quickly, and cost way less then to even get a different company out to my home Thank you Josh!! Two kids on a 92 degree Sunday, Your a lifesaver! Chad F. Olathe KS
No one wants to be stuck in the dead of winter with a broken furnace! Santa Fe Air is here to give some advice on DIY troubleshooting to help people decide if they need to call in professional help for home furnace repair. ( There’s never any shame in needing backup 😉)
Common Furnace Repair Problems and Troubleshooting
Your furnace keeps turning off and on
- Change your air filter. A clogged filter can restrict airflow and cause the heat exchanger to overheat and shut off the burners.
- Open all air ducts and vents in the home. Closed vents can add unnecessary pressure to the system and cause it to overheat and shut off.
- Check your exhaust vent to make sure it’s not blocked. These outdoor vents (sometimes located on top of your roof–be careful!) can get clogged with outdoor debris such as leaves, nests, and other items.
Your furnace is blowing out cold air
- Check that your thermostat is set correctly; the fan should be set to AUTO, and the thermostat set to HEAT.
- Check/change your air filter. A clogged filter can limit the amount of air the system can intake and overheat the heat exchanger, causing it to not work properly.
Your furnace is tripping the breaker
- Check your furnace circuit breaker.
- Locate your electrical panel.
- Find the furnace circuit breaker; it will be labeled something like “heating” etc.
- Push the breaker to the ON position and try turning on the heat to see if it fixes the problem.
- If it flips itself back to the OFF position, leave it alone and call a professional furnace technician to find the origin of the problem.
Need more details? Check out our post on 3 Common Furnace Problems →
Still having issues? Schedule an appointment today.
When to Call in a Professional Furnace Company for Repairs
The following cues will help you assess if your furnace needs professional help and repair.
- Does it smell weird, even after the initial smell from turning the furnace on for the season?
- Is the furnace making weird noises?
- Is the furnace unit accumulating a lot of dust?
Any of these issues are a cause for concern.
More Significant Red Flags:
- Your pilot light is yellow.
- Properly functioning pilot lights will be blue. A yellow light indicates that there is a problem such as poor ventilation or excess carbon monoxide.
- This is something you should call a Kansas City furnace company about right away, as carbon monoxide is dangerous and can do major harm to home occupants.
- Your furnace isn’t heating your home.
- If you’re cranking up the heat to no avail, it’s time to get a professional technician’s help. This is a much better option than paying a large utility bill and no heat to show for it.
- Your furnace has not been maintained or had a tune up regularly. Without a regular check up for maintenance, your furnace could have a wide variety of issues.
- At Santa Fe Air, we recommend annual maintenance for your HVAC unit. If it’s been more than a year, it’s time to call us.
Related: 6 Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair →
Our Professional Technicians
Our technicians and staff have earned us excellent ratings on Google Reviews, Angie’s List, and other online platforms. Professionalism, hard work, a positive attitude, and responsiveness are what Santa Fe Air techs are known for across hundreds of reviews. Our techs are nerds; they know and care about the details and processes to get things done right the first time.
We take the time to answer any customer questions and educate customers on their heating furnace repair cost. We don’t want you to feel left in the dark at any point during the repair process of your home furnace.
After your service, we don’t just say “Okay goodbye forever!” Instead, we make a list of your preferences for future service. This includes information such as wanting the same technician, pets to be aware of, and other details to customize your service for your needs. 🗒️
Our team at Santa Fe Air cares deeply for the well-being and safety of our customers. Below are general procedures for what to expect during your home appointment regarding COVID-19.
- If a technician has a known illness or is showing signs of illness, the technician is not sent to customers’ homes.
- Technicians will wear a mask by customer request.
- No contact: No shaking hands, technicians wear shoe covers, and clean/sanitize any surfaces they touch during the visit.
- Technicians may request verbal permission to sign documents on your behalf to limit contact.
We ask that if you or anyone in your household is showing signs of illness to please reschedule your appointment.
Why You Should Choose Santa Fe Air
Our goal isn’t to upsell and make the most money off of unknowing customers. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Our slogan “making people comfortable since 1987” makes our priorities known.
Even though 1987 doesn’t seem far off for many of us, stunningly it means that Santa Fe Air has been making customers happy in their homes for THIRTY-THREE years. That’s right. We’re in the dirty thirties club and proud of it. (We also happen to be the same age as the forever-running television show, The Simpsons– Cowabunga!) These three decades have given us the experience needed to be the best support for our customers all year round.
We want home comfort to be as accessible as possible for everyone. That’s why we prioritize financing as an option for our customers worried about furnace repair costs in Kansas City. We get that an urgent furnace repair wasn’t necessarily in your budget. We provide low monthly payment options, short-term loans, and a full menu of other payment options. Santa Fe Air offers home furnace repair near you by serving areas in Kansas City, Johnson County, and more.